Sitting alongside our new toilet facilities on the ground floor, our new Changing Places Facility is now open.
What is a changing places toilet?
People with profound and multiple learning disabilities, as well people with other physical disabilities such as spinal injuries, muscular dystrophy and multiple sclerosis often need extra equipment and space to allow them to use the toilets safely and comfortably. These needs are met by Changing Places toilets.
Tower Centre’s Changing Places facility provides:
– a height adjustable adult-sized changing bench
– a tracking hoist system (please bring your own sling, as sizes vary per individual we do not provide)
– adequate space in the changing area for the disabled person and up to two carers
– a centrally placed toilet with room either side
A safe and clean environment
– wide tear off paper roll to cover the bench
– a large waste bin for disposable pads
– a non-slip floor.
Access: Our changing places facility is part of the national RADAR key scheme so anyone with a key can gain access with their RADAR key, if you’ve forgotten your key or your not part of the scheme please contact a member of our cleaning or security staff who will arrange access for you. For information on the RADAR scheme and to get a key please contact your local authority or pop into Shop Mobility who can also help.